Dr.Kiran Lakhani is (Certified Enzymatic Dietitian And Nutritionist) qualified in (BHMS, PGDHM) pens down about Irregular Period or Irregular Menstruation
Menses starts usually between 10 to 14 years of age. This is a very important phase of every girl, which she passes through…This, is called the puberty period.
IT SHOULD BE HAPPY MOMENT OF EVERY GIRL.
But in menarche girl (first time in periods) because of inadequate knowledge or lack of proper guidance leads to confusion and depression in young girls. They feel menses become TABOO, HIDDEN, SHAMEFUL OR DIRTY THING because of myths of menses.
Here we have to explain that,“This is essential for survival of spice, how it can be impure or dirty.” It is sign of MOTHERHOOD.
In puberty phase….as Menstruation starts a young girl, pass through so many physical and mental changes and she has to cope with social behavior, like don’t do this or that during menses.
So in this situation, we are with you, through the platform of “SHE THE POWER” we will tell you why and how this happens and what are the causes of the irregular period and what could be the treatment.
Menses happens because the inner lining of the uterus is under the influence of hormones estrogen and progesterone, it becomes thick, and at the end of the month it dies, and it sheds in the form of blood. So this is all because of the interplay of hormones.
A period which is come at every 22 to 35 days, lasts between 2 to 8 days, Not very painful, has no much-clotted blood is called a NORMAL MENSTRUAL PERIOD.
Let’s see the causes of irregular period:
- Sudden change in weight –either increase or decrease weight.
- Any kind of stress.
- Abdominal fat.
- Thyroid problems- Hypothyroidism or Hyperthyroidism.
- PCOD (now a day’s very very common cause of delayed periods.)
- Nutritional imbalance after any acute diseases like Dengue, Malaria, Corona, etc…
- When a person is on Anti-psychotic or anti-depression drugs.
- Fibroid or Polyp in the uterus.
Ways to tackle irregular periods:
- Diet plays a very important role in keeping hormones balanced. What to eat, how to eat, and how it is cooked is very important.
- Take freshly cooked food, seasonal food, avoid junk food, and packaged food.
- Avoid plastic as much as possible. (Because plastic container contains a compound of XENO-OESTROGENS which mimics the action of estrogen in the body.
- We must be active, but remember should not torture ourselves by hitting the Gym or lifting weight, etc.
- Of course, exercise should be happy exercise or sustainable.
- Very important thing NEED TO MANAGE YOUR STRESS, by meditation, by listening to music, by walking or by any means.
- But as a Homoeopath I must feel, you must address the root cause of your stress—It may be related to the job, relationship, financial or whatever—unless and until that is to be done, stress will come again and again….
- Sleep time, sleep adequacy and sleep quality is very important.
- Yoga is very helpful in managing stress, it builds our physical capacity also.
Apart from following all these measures still you have irregular periods then can take Homoeopathic medicines like Pulsatilla, Calcarea crab. Calcarea Phos., Cimicifuga, Secale cor., Sepia, etc… according to sign and symptoms.
(*Take any homeopathic medicines under the supervision of any Homeopathic doctor.)
A WOMAN HAS NOT TO SUPPOSE TO HAVE A IRREGULAR PERIODS, IF SHE HAS IRREGULAR PERIODS, YOUR BODY IS TRYING TO TELL SOMETHING, SO LISTEN TO YOUR BODY, NOURISH YOUR BODY WELL, MOVE ON YOUR BODY, TAKE OUT SOME PROPER MEAL TIME AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR BOD WELL.
Stay healthy, keep society healthy…….
Stay tuned with us, in next episode with one more female complaint..
(Certified Enzymatic Dietitian And Nutritionist)
Contact no: 6352116631