Every woman prefers to put on make-up to look appealing. But do we take as much care of our Cosmetics as we’re concerned about our make-up? It is generally observed that majority of the women are careless about maintaining their cosmetics properly. For example, they leave the lipstick open after applying it, keep a foundation puff outside the case, misplace the eye shadow brush etc.
So let’s see how to take care of our cosmetics and what the expiry date of different cosmetics is-
- Always keep foundation in a cool place.
- Shake the bottle before using the foundation.
- Take little foundation on the palm and then apply on the face.
- Never use foundation on the make –up because it will look awful.
- If your skin irritates while applying the foundation, stop using it because it may be spoiled.
- Keep in mind that the life of a foundation is 6 months to one year, not more than that.
- Never take moisturiser with the finger. Otherwise, it will spoil very quickly. Use a plastic spoon or ice-cream stick for that.
- Moisturiser should be kept away from water.
- BY mistake if you take out more moisturiser than required, never pour it back to the bottle.
- If we don’t get the moisturiser in proper proportion from the bottle, then it means that it’s spoiled.
- Remember that the Life of a moisturiser is 6 months to one year.
- Always use face powder with the puff.
- Never keep the powder cap open after using it.
- Keep the face powder away from a moist place.
- Life of the face powder is 2 years.
- When the colour of the concealer changes, it means that it is spoiled.
- If you want to increase the life of your concealer, then keep its brusher at a safe and clean place
- Life of the concealer will be-
Powder and stick concealer- approx. 2 years
Liquid concealer – approx. 8 months
- Consider that the speed of bacteria’s development is faster in cream based eye shadow than in powder based eye shadow
- Always use clean makeup brush for applying an eye shadow
- If you apply the eye shadow with your fingers, make sure you wash your hands before applying eye shadow.
- Life of eye shadows is approx. 6 to 12 months for cream based and 2 years for powder based eye shadow.
Kajal and Eyeliner:
- Never forget to close your eyeliner after you use it. Immediately close it to prevent it from drying.
- Never allow anyone to use your eyeliner because it may infect your eyes.
- Life of the eyeliner is 6 months.
- Always use mascara brush only for applying mascara. (i.e. Don’t use it for any other purpose).
- After using mascara brush for mascara application, dip it into lukewarm water with little cleansing powder.
- If mascara dries in the bottle, put it into warm water for 10 minutes & it will be ready to use.
- Life of the mascara is approx. 3 months.
- Never forget to close the cap of your lipstick after using it. Because if it is left open, dust will stick on it and ultimately it will lead to cause infection on your lips.
- Always use good quality lipsticks. Never opt for the low quality & cheap lipsticks because it may cause side effects on your lips.
- Never allow anyone to use your lipstick.
- Always keep the lipstick at a cool place.
- If possible, try to apply lipstick with a lip brush.
- Estimated life of a lipstick is 2 years.
Lip liner/ Lip gloss:
- If the smell of the lip liner or lip gloss changes, immediately stop using it.
Always remember to close the lead of lip liner/lip gloss after using it. The average life of Lip liner/Lip gloss is approx. 5 to 6 months.