One of the biggest challenges for the students today is the selection of the career. With the penetration of technology in all the industries, students are getting more confused and not able to decide about career selection. The perfect career becomes the dream for many when they follow the footstep of their friends to chose the career. While career selection is challenging for male students, it is rather more challenging for the female students. With the constant pressure of getting married just after finishing the college, girls cannot even think of the possibilities of choosing their liking of career.
So how can the girls even think to build their career if not able to chose what they always wanted to do? At least it is better to do something instead of not doing anything!
To plan the perfect career during the college days, girls can follow their instinct and make sure to keep the passion intact. Here are some tips girls can consider to chose the perfect career during the college days.
1. Talk to your parents: Most of the girls don’t share their dreams and interest with the parents during the initial period. They prefer to discuss with the friends, cousins or siblings but not with the parents. Every girl must discuss her career interest and passion with her parents. Be open about your dreams and how do you want to achieve it. Ask for the time you deserve before they can decide for your marriage. Convey your message about focusing on the career even after the marriage.
2. Don’t follow the dreams of your friends: It is so easy to get carried away when you are just coming out of the school and starting the college life. You might find some new friends who can mesmerize you with their interest and craziness to do something in their life. What they want to do is their choice and not yours. Focus on your instinct and skills rather than of your friends.
3. Fall in love, but not at the cost of your dreams: It is not a crime to fall in love in the college. You can have a crush, an affair or serious love with your classmate or anybody! There is always a better chance to chose your life partner after the completion of the college years. If you are damn serious for the boy you have chosen during the college days, you both can wait for few more years before you both can select your career path and start walking on it.
4. Find the Inspiration: It is good to become self-centric. It is good to love your self only. But it is a blessing to find an inspiration in someone. The person can be anyone other than your parents. A teacher, a mentor, a professional, an entrepreneur, anyone! Idealizing someone is the best thing can happen to you. That person can be your role model or just a reference person but at least, idealize someone who can keep inspiring you to not to move away from your desired dream career.
5. Social Media is the blessing and not the curse: The most common reason girls have for not using social media is the security and harassment concerns. Social media is actually a blessing for you! It has its own shortcomings but social media is the beautiful platform to reach out to the industry giants. Connect with industry leaders and learn about their life. Interact with them on regular basis to get some more insights from their professional life. You can adopt social media itself as a career selection! If you love the technology, this might be your dream career! The career in the digital media marketing is proving to be one the best decision for many girls as you can continue doing your work even after the marriage from your home only.
There are many other tips one can follow during the graduation days in the college but the most important point to consider is nurturing the passion. Skill can obsolete but passion will stay forever. Focus on your career as it is your right to do what you want to do in your life. Marriage is the second side of the coin but you must find the life partner who can become the partner in seeing your dreams too! Dreaming about the career is not just the monopoly of the boys and in the society of 21st century, every girl has the equal right to work towards creating a perfect career!