A New Born is an enjoyable moment for the majority of new parents. It’s a reason to celebrate, particularly for parents who are first-time parents. This is also the time when the mother and child require a large amount of medical and family assistance.
Every day take care of New Born
- Cleanse and disinfect hands prior to handling the New Born.
- Always ensure that the baby’s neck and head while lifting or carrying the New Born.
- Never shake the baby.
- Always hold the baby gently to calm them
- Beware of bouncing or jiggling a newborn
- Babies need proper clothing that covers them completely including hands, heads, and feet.
- Vaccination is considered to be the most cost-effective approach to the protection of infants’ health.
Essentials of feeding for newly born babies
- The baby should get only breastmilk during the initial six months following the baby’s birth.
- Breastfed infants pass water-like stools, especially after each feed which is normal
- A baby, who is eating well may be able to pass urine 8-10 times per day.
- A newborn sleeps for about 3-4 hours between feedings.
Bathing Basics intended for New born
- Avoid using harsh shampoo or soap in an initial couple of weeks.
- It is important to keep infant’s head, neck and shoulders supported using a washcloth along with a mild cleanser once the umbilical cord stump is healed.
- Babies do not require Kajal, Surma, Talcum powder or a regular bath. Bathing should be delayed for the first few weeks following the birth. The best rule to live by is to postpone the first bath until the umbilical cord has fallen off.
Bonding & Soothing a New-born
you have your baby is the best time to learn the art of soothing, cuddling, and bonding with your baby. Be gentle with the baby in the first few days. The majority of babies benefit from skin-to-skin contact with their parents.
Baby Sleeping Basics
- Newborn babies can sleep for anywhere from 2 and 4 hours each night. This means that parents will need to be awake several times throughout the night to feed and change their cloths.
- It is crucial to place infants on their backs when as they are put on their backs in the crib. This will reduce the chance for sudden infant deaths (SID )syndrome.
- Set the temperature of the room within the range of 27 C between 29 and 27 C to keep your baby warm and snug.
- It’s recommended to get rid of all stuffed animals, pillows blankets and toys out of the crib.
A newborn specialist should be consulted
It is possible to speak with a pediatric neonatologist to find out more about newborn medical care, such as newborn care.
- The schedule of vaccinations for the newborn baby
- Expected weight gain within the first month
- Newborn reflexes and warning signs to watch for
- The signs of illness include jaundice or infections
- Dietary guidelines for mothers to maximize lactation
- Monitoring dirty diapers and watching for indications of unusual urine
- Colic symptoms and ways to ease colic
- Visits to the pediatrician for follow-up care neonatologist
The mother’s journey begins once the child’s birth. Professional guidance from a renowned neonatologist is essential at each stage of the process. Luckily, all the essential services are provided within the same building within Nirmal Hospital to ensure that couples can experience their parenting journey to the highest degree.